Welcome to Christ Church St Lucia
SUNDAY SERVICES – 2021
9th and 16th May
- 7am – Eucharist with hymns
- 9am – Sung Eucharist led by the LUCIAN SINGERS
- 8.30am – Pentecost & Farewell for Fr. Michael
- 5.30pm – Choral Evensong
Attendance at services of worship MUST be “booked” in advance – by either emailing the Parish Office or phoning 3870 8887. If the office is unattended please leave a message.
We require a full name, contact phone number and email address or residential address for contact tracing purposes. A registration confirmation email will be sent out to attendees prior to the service. You must not apply to or attend services if you are :
2. Have been in close contact with a known active case of COVID-19.
3. Have COVID-19 symptoms (cough, fever, sore throat, fatigue or shortness of breath).
4. Have travelled overseas in the previous 14 days.
5. Have been to a declared COVID-19 hotspot in the previous 14 days.
Welcome to the website of the Anglican Parish of Christ Church St Lucia, in the Diocese of Brisbane.
Our diverse and inclusive Parish upholds the strong principles of Anglican Liturgical worship expressed in reverence for the sacraments and excellence in music. Our style of worship conforms to the dignity of the broad catholic tradition of our Church.
We encourage you to explore our website and to become part of our community where worship, fellowship, ministry and service enable each of us to respond to God’s call.
We warmly invite anyone who would like to join us for worship at our Sunday Services – to attend you must register in advance by contacting the Parish Office either by email at email@example.com or phone (07) 3870 8887.
PARISH NEWSLETTER (Parsnips): Parsnips 7th May 2021
If you have any you have any upcoming events, news, photographs, poems, etc you would like to share with the parish please email firstname.lastname@example.org .
COVID -19 announcements:
The Queensland Premier has announced that the restrictions put in place in response to the recent COVID-19 outbreak will be lifted from 6 am, Thursday 15 April 2021. The following eased restrictions will apply to places of worship:
- Face masks do not need to be worn at church gatherings.
- Face mask wearing is only mandatory in certain settings, including at Queensland airports and when flying.
- While not mandatory, Queenslanders are strongly encouraged to:
- carry a mask with them at all times when they leave home.
- wear a mask when travelling on public transport, or in a taxi or rideshare.
- wear a mask in shopping centres.
- wear a mask in any indoor or outdoor space when physical distancing is not possible.
Diocesan guidelines and Industry Plan Information for the Anglican Church Southern Queensland can be viewed here.
- All Kids Club & Youth Group activities are suspended
- Wednesday Coffee Mornings (1st and 3rd Wednesday of the month) have resumed – please see ‘Parsnips’ for further information.
- Meeting of the Ways (MOTW) English Language Classes will resume after the school holidays. These classes are TERM TIME ONLY.
- Christ Church Reading Group meets the last Monday of the month at 7.30pm in the Meeting Room (under the Church). New members are warmly welcomed. For more information please contact the Parish Office – phone 3870 8887 or email email@example.com