Welcome to Christ Church St Lucia
IMPORTANT COVID UPDATE for Sunday Services on 1 & 8 August 2021
Due to the current lockdown (31/7 – 8/8) there will be NO in-person SERVICES on 1 or 8 August
CLICK HERE to download the 1 Aug PEW SHEET (including Sermon and some musical links).
SUNDAY SERVICES – 2021
- 7am – Said Eucharist
- 9am – Sung Eucharist – led by the Lucian Singers
Currently face masks need to be worn in indoor and outdoor spaces (except in homes).
From 9 July 2021 the use of the ‘Check In Qld‘ app became mandatory as a part of COVID-safe practices for Places of Worship.
Everyone who attends a service or uses the facilities will need to have their details registered, including children and infants using the Check In Qld App. The Check In Qld app allows you to check in multiple people at the same time.
For example, if you arrive with family members (who don’t have devices), one person can register themselves on their device and then list additional people (including children) when checking in.
If you haven’t already downloaded the app, all you need to do is:
1. Download the app at www.covid19.qld.gov.au/check-in-qld – through links to Google Play or Apple App stores.
2. Enter your details once when you first open the app;
3. Open the app every time you visit us, select ‘Check in Now’ and scan our QR code or enter our unique code.
4. For our parishioners who don’t have a smartphone or aren’t comfortable downloading apps, we can take your details at the Church Entrance.
You must not apply to or attend services if you are :
2. Have been in close contact with a known active case of COVID-19.
3. Have COVID-19 symptoms (cough, fever, sore throat, fatigue or shortness of breath).
4. Have travelled overseas in the previous 14 days.
5. Have been to a declared COVID-19 hotspot in the previous 14 days.
Welcome to the website of the Anglican Parish of Christ Church St Lucia, in the Diocese of Brisbane.
Our diverse and inclusive Parish upholds the strong principles of Anglican Liturgical worship expressed in reverence for the sacraments and excellence in music. Our style of worship conforms to the dignity of the broad catholic tradition of our Church.
We encourage you to explore our website and to become part of our community where worship, fellowship, ministry and service enable each of us to respond to God’s call.
We warmly invite anyone who would like to join us for worship at our Sunday Services – to attend you must register in advance by contacting the Parish Office either by email at email@example.com or phone (07) 3870 8887.
PARISH NEWSLETTER (Parsnips): If you require a copy of the most recent edition (23rd July 2021) please email the parish office at firstname.lastname@example.org .
If you have any you have any upcoming events, news, photographs, poems, etc you would like to share with the parish please email email@example.com .
COVID -19 announcements:
- From 6 am, Friday 23 July 2021, all churches in the Anglican Church Southern Queensland will follow the same density restrictions, as outlined below.
Density restrictions for churches (applies from 6 am, Friday 23 July 2021)
Indoor and outdoor spaces on church premises — one person per 2 square metres (or 100% capacity with ticketed and allocated seating).
Funerals and weddings — one person per 2 square metres, capped at 200 people (or 100% capacity with ticketed and allocated seating in non-impacted areas).
Physical distancing between non-household members should be maintained to the extent possible.
Gatherings in homes — up to 100 people.
There is no limit on gatherings in outdoor public spaces.
Indoor events are required to follow the COVID Safe Event Checklist.
Outdoor events do not need to follow a COVID Safe Event checklist.
Diocesan guidelines and Industry Plan Information for the Anglican Church Southern Queensland can be viewed here.
- All Kids Club & Youth Group activities are suspended
- Wednesday Coffee Mornings (1st and 3rd Wednesday of the month) have resumed – please see ‘Parsnips’ for further information.
- Meeting of the Ways (MOTW) English Language Classes will resume after the school holidays. These classes are TERM TIME ONLY.
- Christ Church Reading Group meets the last Monday of the month at 7.30pm in the Meeting Room (under the Church). New members are warmly welcomed. For more information please contact the Parish Office – phone 3870 8887 or email firstname.lastname@example.org